A Little Info

SAG NYC is a superhero story
told in 2-6 paragraph increments,
perfect for a short break.

Learn what SAG NYC is about
and start reading from the beginning.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Macie: Cross-country

"Mom, remind me again why we're driving all the way to New York with this stuff instead of buying it once I get there," Macie stared dubiously at her mom.
"Buying it again would be a waste of money.  Besides," Her mom smiled, taking one arm off the wheel to give her daughter a hug. "It gives me more time with you."
Macie rolled her eyes.  “Will it really save any money?”
“Yes.  See? I still have a lot to teach you.  For one, don’t forget that even if this super action hero thing works out, you still have to finish college.”
“I know, Mom,” Macie groaned.  “Don’t you remember that in order to become an official super actionhero under the guild, you have to complete 2,000 hours of related work in the district you want to work in?” She snorted and scooted down in the seat.  “You can’t even remember stuff about what I want to do with my life.”

“I can’t believe you would even say that,” her mother replied.  “That’s why you’re going to New York.  They actually make a decent stipend, not like in Albuquerque.  You know I’d rather you live close to me, but not if you can’t make decent money.  I hope I’ve taught you to be smart about finances, even if you’d rather buy all new things.”

No comments: