"Oh, crap, I forgot," Tanglewood sighed. "No, no I'll be there. Just give me- will half an hour work? I still have to change, and get over there... Yeah, okay. Meet you there." She hung up, sent a text and received one back, and then turned to Macie. "Listen, I have to go, but I know I promised you four hours. White Wind mentioned where she'd be working today, so I'll bring you over there, and you can finish up the time with her, okay?"
Finish up the time by working with White Wind? This was too good to be true. She must've paused, because Tanglewood seemed to think she was disappointed, and apologized. "I'm really sorry about this; it won't happen again."
"Oh! Um, it's fine," Macie replied. "No big deal. I mean, this is kind of a favor to me anyways, and you're not leaving me hanging- I actually really appreciate that."
Tanglewood nodded, apparently accepting that, and picked up the walking pace. One thing Macie had noticed was that everything went so much faster here than in Albuquerque. The escalators in the airport, the public transportation, and people's paces. She practically had to run to keep up with Tanglewood.
"Alright, here we are," Tanglewood halted at an alley made up of the rear-facing sides of shops, the service entrances. Every building was covered in graffiti, and one's door was open. "It's the one with the open door. Good luck, Magenta Burst," she told Macie before heading to the main street. Macie hesitantly headed to the building, and took a peek inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment