A Little Info

SAG NYC is a superhero story
told in 2-6 paragraph increments,
perfect for a short break.

Learn what SAG NYC is about
and start reading from the beginning.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Magenta and White Wind training #1

           White Wind found her way out of the hospital feeling a little exposed. Her subway pass and a credit card were in her shirt pocket, but she'd have to wait to pick up her costume from Sergio later. Come to think of it, she was sure he'd bring it up to HQ later. But that would depend on how long his stay would be. She glanced back at the hospital, and then headed out into the city.

           They'd stitched Sergio up, gave him some blood, and kept him overnight to watch for complications from the head wound. It wasn't long at all before White Wind had her suit back, and then she had other things on her mind, like her first meeting with Macie. They met at HQ and White Wind led Magenta Burst into the gym.
           "Before we begin, I want to ask you something. Why do you want to be a superhero?"
           Macie couldn't help but pause a moment. It was a big question. Then she realized she was making it seem like she didn't know, like she really had to think about it, and her nerves just made the pause longer. She cleared her throat. "I want to help people. But in this way, not as a doctor or an EMT or firefighter or, I don't know, whatever else. I want to help people independently; I want to use my powers. Off and on since we had Superhero Day in kindergarten I've wanted to be a super actionhero. Now I would do anything- well," she paused, considering the scope of 'anything,' "You know what I mean."

No comments: