"I... I don't know. I was just..." Macie trailed off, trying to see if there was anything else she could help with.
"Well, get some sense," White Wind shook her head. "This one could've gotten that gun and killed us both! Next time, use your brain." Macie stood silent as White Wind pulled out her phone, dialing. "I'm calling up the police to come for them. Does that fulfill the hours Tanglewood promised you?" Macie just nodded. The cops came and took the criminals into custody. White Wind walked Macie back to HQ, and she changed out and left for the dorm.
Macie was very glad that Aqua was there when she got back. Plus, she was glad that Aqua knew her secret. It was kind of stupid, she knew, but she really needed someone to talk to who got it. Besides, it didn't seem that bad after the other kinds of personal information they'd shared. "So I kick the gun out of the way, even though she told me not to watch," Macie described.
"Why didn't you pick it up, hold him at gunpoint?"
"No deadly weapons; no deadly force. It's an actionhero thing. Anyways, so then," she narrated the rest of the action in detail. "Once that's over, she starts telling me off for- get this- not stepping in soon enough. Didn't it sound like she was telling me not to step in at all?"
"Definitely!"
"I can't believe I used to be so starstruck by her," Macie rolled her eyes. Her phone buzzed, and she casually picked it up. It was Guild HQ.
No comments:
Post a Comment