His eyes opened a slit. "Glad you could make it to the party."
White Wind shook her head, snorting. "Come on," she told him, sliding her arm underneath his shoulders and helping him stand. "Where'd you park your car?"
It wasn't long before she'd retrieved his keys and they were on their way to the nearest hospital. "Are you going to rethink wearing a mask?"
"I don't need one. Besides, it's my signature, not wearing one."
"I thought your 'signature' was making yourself into target practice for the criminals."
The Ghost chuckled weakly. "You mean my killer suit design? Yeah, I suppose you could say that."
White Wind shook her head and pulled up to the hospital. "Are we admitting you to the superhero wing or under your secret identity?"
"Secret identity- easier to keep it that way. Anyway, we know how wild I can be."
"There are a lot of ways for an extremely wealthy, athletic playboy to get himself into trouble, aren't there?" White Wind laughed, slipping out of her own costume to just the tank top and shorts underneath, as well as pulling off her mask. "But what does that make me?"
"Chauffeur?"
"Chauffeur? You wish. I'd say one of your many women 'friends,' but no one would believe me," she teased. They got him checked in pretty quickly, since he was in bad shape and still bleeding and all, and they came to take him to the back.
"You want me to come with you?"
"No, I'll be alright."
"Just don't try to tell me that at your funeral, alright?" He smiled, and was gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment